Open Shooting Rules
South Florida Training Grounds
1. All new members must complete TG range safety course before being able to shoot.
2. All members and guests must sign in at TG lobby prior to shooting.
3. Eye and ear protection are mandatory on the range at all times, without exception.
4. Never leave a loaded firearm unattended. A responsible individual must positively control all firearms at all times. Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
5. Keep weapons pointed down range at all times, and finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire. Always point your weapon in a safe direction.
6. Everyone is a safety officer. Anyone can call a cease-fire at any time. Members are responsible for calling the range cold in their respective bays. Any incident must be reported to TG staff immediately.
7. All persons must remain behind the firing line at all times until the range is safe and all weapons cleared.
8. Pistol caliber only on Ranges 1-4 when shooting steel. Shooters will remain a minimum safe distance of 21 feet when shooting steel to avoid feedback. Rifle calibers on steel are reserved for Ranges 5, and Long Range only. (27 yard minimum for .223/5.56/ and .308/7.62) Any caliber larger than .308/7.62 must be fired at the Long Range.
9. The shooter is responsible for every round fired. All rounds must impact the berm directly behind your target. Do not move or place your target in an unsafe location. Know your target, and the surrounding area.
10. The following are cause for immediate removal from the premises, and the possibility of legal recourse and cancelation of membership.
A: Under the influence of drugs, alcohol or prescriptions medication that impairs your ability to safely handle firearms
B: Tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, explosive ammo or explosive targets (tannerite) are forbidden
C: Horseplay or roughhousing are forbidden on the range. Shooters are expected to remain professional while on the firing line.
D: Bump fire or slide fire stocks are forbidden.
11. Leave the range cleaner than you found it. All shooters are responsible for their brass, trash and must paint their targets before departure. Failure to do so will result in a range maintenance fee.
12. All guests must sign a waiver and pay the guest fee prior to shooting. Members are responsible for the actions of their guest(s).
13. All medical emergencies will be immediately reported to a TG team member. Basic first aid kits will be provided in all range kits.
14. Range flags must be raised before any shooting begins.
15. All shooters and guests under the age of 18 must be under the direct supervision of a Parent or Legal guardian.